Trey Yingst is an experienced journalist. Much of his experience comes from dangerous areas such as Ferguson, Gaza City, and Baltimore.
Tim and Derek talk with Trey about what it’s like to report from a conflict area. We cover things such as:
- How to get both sides of the story amidst chaos
- How to stay safe
- How he chooses the angle for his story
- The temptation to fight back against attackers
- The evolution of the hashtag throughout an event
- Corresponding with larger media groups like CNN, ABC, Dr. Drew and more
Trey primarily reports for News2Share.com but has his work featured on many different outlets.
Thank Trey for joining us and ask him further questions on Twitter:
Thank you for taking the time to listen. Be sure to subscribe in iTunes and hit us up on Twitter: